TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Including UK Statement pursuant to Distance Selling Regulations (May 2020)
Information including terms & conditions of sale concerning buying goods by internet, phone & mail order – ‘distance contracts’; content satisfies requirements to provide statement to prospective customers in compliance with the UK Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights:
When you order items from ORWOODS (ORWOOD MOBILITY MANUFACTURING LTD) of Unit 1 Queen’s mill, Mill Street East, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire WF12 9AQ , United Kingdom. email@example.com:
- Contract: Your order is an offer to ORWOODS to buy the product(s) in your order. When you place an order to purchase a product from us, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the “Order Confirmation E-mail”). The Order Confirmation E-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered. We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when we dispatch the product to you and send e-mail confirmation to you that we have dispatched the product to you (the “Dispatch Confirmation E-mail”). We use our best endeavours to deliver your order as promptly as possible and generally work on a 7-working day turnaround for dispatch from the date we receive your order – but 28 days should be allowed for delivery. ORWOODS reserve the right to withdraw from any order should items become unavailable for any reason, in which case full refund will be made to you of any sums paid. ORWOODS are required by law to supply you with goods that are in conformity with the contract (ie not faulty). In placing your order you consent to receive sales invoices electronically.
- Pricing: prices quoted on the website are ‘all-in’ prices which include the price ORWOODS charge in respect of the items ordered and all UK taxes in so far as any are due in respect of your order, including also such courier / carriage costs as our transport service partners charge to deliver items as ordered from our factory to your destination address. Prices quoted for UK orders are inclusive of free-delivery (ie delivery is not specifically charged for). For the purposes of calculating Refund for a cancelled UK order (ie an order where the delivery address is in the UK) as set out below, delivery costs shall be deemed to be £15.00 exclusive of VAT per consignment delivery.
- Cancellation: You may cancel your order at no cost at any time before dispatch. Dispatch is deemed to take place when we incur costs contractually engaging courier / carriage services to deliver your order to you, as will be evidenced when we send the Dispatch Confirmation E-mail relating to your order. You also have the right to cancel the contract at any time before the expiry of 14 days after the day on which goods ordered by you have been delivered to you (or delivered to anyone who has, with your authority, accepted possession of the goods on your behalf). Cancellation must be communicated clearly by you to ORWOODS either in writing or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Refund for cancelled orders: If you cancel the contract before products have been dispatched by us, then you will be refunded the whole contract sum paid for goods including delivery costs. If you cancel the contract at any time after products have been dispatched then you will be refunded the whole contract sum paid for goods net of delivery costs. If cancellation takes place before goods have been dispatched to you, refund will be made within 14 working days. If at the time of cancellation goods have already been sent out to you, or are already in your possession, you must return the goods before the expiry of 14 days after you have communicated your cancellation of the contract, and refund will be made within 14 working days after you have returned such goods to ORWOODS. Where dispatch has taken place, in order for a refund to be made, you must return the unwanted goods in complete undamaged and unblemished, saleable condition; you are to meet the costs of returning the goods and you bear all risks relating to the goods while in your possession and during return transit until they are delivered back to ORWOODS.
- Faulty or damaged goods: if items you receive are in any way faulty or damaged, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com By ordering online, you agree that in the event of damaged goods being received, you will make reasonable efforts to assist us in pursuing any appropriate claim we may make involving transit & delivery service providers.
- Liability: ORWOODS will not be responsible for (i) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or (ii) any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure), or (iii) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when the contract for the sale of products by us to you was formed. The laws of some countries do not allow some or all of the limitations described above. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above limitations may not apply to you and you might have additional rights. Nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct. We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your right to have the products sent to you within a reasonable time.
- Applicable Law: the relationship between you and ORWOODS regarding the buying or attempted buying of any items through this website are governed by the laws of England & Wales, and the application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. If you are a consumer and have your habitual residence in the EU or the UK, you additionally enjoy the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. You and ORWOODS both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales, which means that you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these Conditions of Use in England & Wales or in the EU country in which you live. If you reside in the EU, the European Commission provides for an online dispute resolution platform, which you can access here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. If you would like to bring a matter to our attention, please contact ORWOODS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- This website is owned and maintained by ORWOODS
Our contact and address details for all correspondence and all product returns are:
ORWOOD MOBILITY MANUFACTURING LTD
Unit 1 Queen’s Mill
Mill Street East
Tel: +44(0)1924 455468
UK VAT Reg No: 678870078
ORWOODS is: ORWOOD MOBILITY MANUFACTURING LTD, registered in England & Wales Company Number 12308093
registered office of ORWOODS is: 56 Coneygrey Spinney, Flintham, Nottinghamshire NG23 5LN, GB
Additional provisions applicable to non-UK orders / orders for delivery outside the UK:
- Non-UK orders – Customs etc: when ordering products from ORWOODS for delivery outside of the UK you may be subject to import duties, customs clearance fees, local taxes or other charges imposed by your country as a result of the international nature of the transaction. We have no control over such charges and they must be borne by you. Customs policies vary widely from country to country – please contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from ORWOODS, you are deemed to be the importer of record and you are responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the products. Your privacy is important to us and we would like our international customers to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- It will be appreciated that carriage / delivery costs for shipments outside the UK make up a significant part of the costs incurred by ORWOODS in getting items delivered to you, and that delivery outside the UK is significantly more costly for us than delivery inside the UK. Taking this into account, simply for the purpose of calcuating purchase price for non-UK orders, prices quoted on the website shown including UK VAT are deemed to be the overseas purchase price exclusive of any taxes (so that total price calculation for an overseas order = the website price + UK VAT, even though no part of the calculated sum is in fact UK VAT tax). This means that when ordering, you should order ‘including VAT’. For the purposes of calculating ‘Refund for cancelled orders’ for an order cancelled by you (see above) if you are situated outside the UK or goods are being sent outside the UK, delivery costs are deemed to be £50 exclusive of any UK taxes due (this in fact accurately corresponds to the actual carriage / delivery costs incurred by us for arranging delivery to USA / Canada addresses). As well as being net of delivery costs, such refund payment will also be limited to the GBP Sterling value ORWOODS in fact received from you net of any cost of currency exchange or other fee imposed or levied by banking processes etc due to the international nature of the transaction, and net of any such similar costs which arise and are incurred in the refund process, whether imposed by our bank or by your own bank (if applicable, these are likely to be deducted during the refunding banking process before you receive any final refund sum).